Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The one where it all begins

  1. In an impulsive moment I joined the NaBloPoMo bandwagon when I read about it. And now am blank. So here's an idea from a tag I read.
  2. I am from India. Have lived, studied and worked all over.
  3. I have been wearing glasses since I was 3.
  4. I was teased by other children in Nursery for being dark & wearing glasses and hated going to school.
  5. Once we moved cities it was better. I had a great group of friends. We had secret clubs, had sleep over parties and read a lot. Suddenly it was cool to be geeky.
  6. We moved cities again when I was getting into senior school. I loved this school. I think it had the greatest impact on 'who I am'. Many of my closest friends are also from here.
  7. We believed there was nothing in the world we couldn't get. And made plans of the companies we'd like to run when we were older.
  8. It's where we dreamt of being on a magazine cover on the Top 20 business women in India.
  9. That dream seems too far at this point
  10. I am not a very optimistic person and I give up too easily.
  11. I love magic and fairy tales and want to visit Disneyland. My flatmate thought I have strange childhood hankerings!
  12. Maybe its because I visualise so much in my imagination.
  13. I think of everything in pictures. Even numbers. I thought that was how everyone thought of things, but I gather it's not. Wonder how I developed the habit.
  14. I love reading (and visualize every detail of what I read)
  15. I hate TV. Not the device, but cable television. I like watching films I have chosen to watch.
  16. I love music. At the moment I am going through a 'musicals' phase, so listening to a lot of Andrew Lloyd Webber and others. I also tend to listen to my 'phase' music so much that after the phase is over I can't bear to listen to it for a long time.
  17. I also like rock, classical, country and some music I can't categorise.
  18. I hate trance, 'boy bands' and some extreme metal.
  19. I use 'love', 'hate' very easily and think too much in 'black' and 'white'. Am often told to consider the 'grey'.
  20. I love dancing. I learnt classical dance for four years. I really feel bad I couldn't continue it.
  21. It's ironical that Bee is like 'wobbly jelly' when it comes to dancing. The one thing I really wish I could change about him. Though to give credit, he's been trying.. but really.. it's still just wobbly jelly.
  22. My friends are very important to me. I do a lot for them. . and am in touch with friends from very long back.
  23. I miss not having my close friends in London.
  24. I make a terrible first impression. Most people think I am too reserved or snooty. It's amazing how the same behaviour can be interpreted in two such different ways.
  25. But once I get to know a person I talk too much and can't stop.
  26. I am a Gemini.
  27. I get bored easily.
  28. I have terrible feet.
  29. I love coffee. I wish I could make good filter coffee. Ooops.. I have so much more to say but have reached my age limit. More for another time.

7 comments:

Nee said...

Nice to get to know you a little better, Pea. I am so excited you and Beks joined this NaBloPoMo thing - I'll have something to read everyday - yay!

Kochukandhari said...

I've worn glasses since I was 8.
Identify so much with 10, 11, 14 and 16 ( in that once the pahse is over I can't bear to listen to it for a long time), 18, 24, 27 and 29!

That Girl said...

this is scary,....im SO much like you are.. after reading this list.... and what meets dead on is that i wore glasses from the age of 3 as well....

* slowly backs out of the room*

..err.. how does this tag work again?

Mr. J said...

Bingo!! I think today is the world's Gemini day.. same thoughts, more or less.

Miss Frangipani said...

In my teens (somewhere in the late 80s) I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said 'business woman'. The person asking the question was bemused, but I had a very clear picture in my head of what that meant. And yes, it did involve being Savvy's Woman of the Month (no longer, though!)

Totally agree with 13,14,24,27,28.

Great post, Pea. Wish I'd known about this NaBloPoMo earlier. I could have joined officially. I'm on NanoWrimo anyway and posted 2300 words on Day 1. What's a few more to blog? :)

Akkare said...

i am a gemini too....and girl, i relate to everything on your list ;-)

Pea said...

[Nee] No promise from me on the quality though.. shall try my best to keep up the quantity - one a day.

[Beks] Interesting to have so many things in common.

[Grafxgurl] Uh ..huh..interesting. So what are your 27 things?
Btw ..do you wear lenses now?


[John] You Gemini too??

[mumbaiwallah] "2300 words on Day 1" - awesome.. good to start on a higher than daily average note! Hope you complete it this time

[Akkare] You Gemini too!! Nice to know that you relate to things.. I feel more normal!