Friday, July 28, 2006

Grass is greener on the other side

When I was a child I was moving cities every few years and totally hated it. Everytime I moved to a new city it was the same fears and cycles of settling down in a new school, making friends and all else that comes with a new place. How I envied the kids who stayed in the same city, discussed how they'd been friends since nursery and were in familiar surroundings. Then it happened. After my 10th birthday we moved to Calcutta and just stayed on. I loved it, for the first time I made a group of close friends at school, actually followed through with a hobby for more than two years and was the settled one.

But then, grass is greener on the other side. By the time I finished school I once again longed to move to a new place and looked upon it as an adventure and so I went to another city to study in college. Its been never ending since then. In the last ten years I have lost count of the number of houses I have changed. It was exciting at first .. new places to explore, new friends to make, new holidays to plan! But now, am just too t-i-r-e-d. Once again, I am the ten year old who longed to live in one place. Infact I want to buy a house, move in and never have to pack again! I'll scream at the sight on another cardboard box .. which is not good ..since we're moving again - next week!

No comments: